How To Use Subconscious Mind For Success
HOW TO USE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND FOR SUCCESS
Have you ever thought about how your thoughts actually get formed? Like, what you may be thinking when you are looking at this page? How can you remember things from your past or how can you recall entire passages you memorized? The answer to your questions lies in understanding what the subconscious mind is. How it works, and what lies within. Once you have a brief but informed knowledgebase about it, you will be ready to know how to use it to its full potential.
Following are some key questions and their answers that will help you in understanding it better, along with its functions and elements.
WHAT IS SUBCONSCIOUS MIND?
- Our subconscious mind functions in different ways. However, your subconscious mind’s main function is to record new information and then retrieve it, when it’s required.
- Think of it as a vast and limitless memory drive-constantly storing what’s happening around you and to you. It is said that on an average, you would have already stored more than a hundred times the information given by an encyclopedia.
- Your subconscious mind is designed to make sure everything you say or do is consistent with the pattern expected by your conscious mind. This includes expressions, feelings, exclamations, etc.
- All this information, data, feelings and emotions are stored in the subconscious mind and can then be accessed by you consciously when you need it. For example, if you learn how to swim, or drive a car, you normally practice and get the crucial procedures recorded in your mind. Later, when you need those skills in real life scenarios, your logical mind accesses your subconscious and uses that information to carry out the subsequent tasks.
- However, you may also find yourself sometimes performing actions without even thinking about it. This is because there are some responses that trigger functions that don’t even require you to think about it, and mostly takes part as if you were in an auto-pilot mode.
- For example, if you are working to meet a deadline, or if you are giving a presentation, that anxiety and stress that you feel or experience is controlled and released by your subconscious mind. These sensations cannot be restrained or controlled by you unless you learn how to recognize their onset and stop them before it begins.
- The subconscious mind works in conjunction with your conscious mind and makes up for a number of important bodily functions while at it.
This book “The Power of your Subconscious mind” by Joseph Murphy is a readily available help for you to unleash that supreme power for your deeds.
2) Why is Subconscious Mind Important?
As we established previously, the subconscious mind of ours carries out multiple tasks and functions as part of our neural system. These functions range from normal ones to some which are integral to our life and wellbeing. These can be grouped into 3 main functions:
It includes those functions of our subconscious mind when it understands what our body’s needs and requirements are. These are quite important as they make sure that your life and wellbeing is consistent.
- For instance, regenerating the cells of our various body parts and organs, breathing automatically instead of having to remember it, digestion of what you ate, making you remember what you just ate or smell, etc. These functions carry on without requiring any effort or decision making from the conscious mind.
These are those functions that our subconscious mind does, rapidly without even considering the reaction of the conscious mind of it. These actions are most of the time independent of the conscious part as the subconscious takes charge of the situation as per its demands.
- For example, when you are faced with a dire situation in which you may lose something of great importance, or even if the scenario threatens your life, you enter the fight or flight mode. This is basically your subconscious mind seizing command and making quick, rapid decisions with heightened understanding and strength.
This one includes the psychic powers of your subconscious mind, its ability to sense if something is amiss, or wrong. These functions are often not in your control but can be very useful to your conscious mind when required or necessary. The conscious mind can depend upon this function of the subconscious to solve any situation where the conscious mind is not able to decide the next logical step.
- For instance, when you are talking to a stranger, something about him or her may make you feel uneasy, or that the stranger is not what he or she appears to be. However, you may also feel that the stranger is reliable and a good person. This is your subconscious that’s assessing and relaying information to your conscious mind to use.
All these functions are equally important and together make up our master programming. Your master programming means the way you are designed to behave and react to certain situations, whatever they may be. You can’t physically go against this, until and unless you have control over your subconscious mind along with your conscious one.
Here are the 4 Steps That May Help You in Activating Your Subconscious Mind
3) Aware of your Consciousness?
Awareness of One’s Own Consciousness
It can be defined as the feeling or idea of being able to understand all sensory data that you are receiving, all at the same time.
This includes the information you are receiving from your sight, hearing, taste, smell and even what you’re feeling. After being aware of this level, you can make calculated decisions based on it, without fear of any wrong ones made.
- For instance, if you stop pretending to be something you are not, and just be yourself in every moment of any action you are involved in, you will be able to reflect on your past and present actions much better. This would let you judge yourself and thus, make honest decisions since you know yourself much better now.
The Situation That Exists Nowadays
The world and our society have become fast-paced with the rise of a consumer culture. So much so that everything has reached set patterns of efficiency. In such a scenario, many people just drift from one work to another as if they are in auto-pilot mode with their subconscious mind doing what comes naturally to it.
- For example, when you learnt how to drive a car, in the first few months you used to remember everything you learnt and consciously applied it in your day to day driving. However, over a period of time, you became completely self-reliant and unaware of the fact that how you effortlessly and without a thought, change gears in the car, look into the mirror, etc. with very little awareness.
In order to become aware of your consciousness, you will have to become very observant and watchful of what you do, or what happens around you. You have to practice understanding the stem of your desires. You must also observe the gestures you make, how people react to it, what you think during your free time, what kind of people you look for in a strange place and much more. All this will make you gradually aware of your actions and also people’s reactions to them.
- For instance, if you spend your time pursuing your desires, you must also take the time to realize the people and resources that have gone into making your pursuit a successful one. If you can register such thoughts subconsciously, and act on them subsequently it will stand to be that you are becoming at least somewhat, aware of your own consciousness.
The actual power of your subconscious mind remains un-realized for long periods of time. People sometimes go through entire lifetimes without trying to tap into the true power of their subconscious mind, something that they can’t comprehend or don’t want to. This is one mistake that you may not want to make if you want to be in control of your subconscious.
- First, you will have to accept the fact that your subconscious mind, holds the key to solving any problem you may be facing. This is very hard to accept for most since you always look outwards for solutions rather than looking inwards. If you find it in yourself to actually do this, you will surely get through any difficult situation you are facing.
- Many of you are religious and turn to pray and seek divine aid when you think you are at your wit’s end. Praying is, of course, a good solution as it helps improve your spiritual thinking. However, you have to train your subconscious to be able to accept what you pray about. It is only when you have done this, will you be able to face whatever result comes next.
- Accept your basic nature, instead of trying to force yourself to become someone else. This is a very important step on the path towards increasing your willpower, and also the power of your subconscious mind. As a result, when you are solving problems or any conflicting issue, you need not feel helpless, but wait for your mind to present you with a workable solution.
- Your environment and how people treat you is determined by what you project from your subconscious mind. Your projections from your conscious mind are few since you are doing them voluntarily, but the ones from your subconscious are constant and thus, more impactful.
This means, that you will have to gain power even over your subconscious mind, in order to project the kind of personality and characteristics you want others to notice about you. These should be truthful and you should not try to be anyone else but yourself. You can try out this video here and can experience peace, joy and happiness.
5) How to Use Subconscious Mind for Success?
Generally, everyone fears to fail. Everyone, including you, must have had moments in your life where you were fearful of failures. Often times, in such situations, you tend to have a lower self-esteem since you are so afraid of failing that you keep yourself prepared to face them well in advance. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for bad situations, but anticipating them, is what makes all the difference in today’s scenario.
- Getting out of this spiral of having a bad feeling is not easy since most of the time you are not even in control of your subconscious mind which starts these feelings in the first place. If you are becoming capable of slowly being able to handle the functioning of your subconscious, you have better chances of being successful in stopping your feelings of pain, fear or even anxiety.
- There are some tested and proven ways of being able to hone your subconscious mind for success. One method is to introspect in peace and quiet. You can do this at your home in a place where you are comfortable and undisturbed. Then, you must ask yourself what it is that you want to achieve. You must make a request to yourself, a simple and realistic one, instead of being complicated or asking the moon for yourself.
- Visualization. Another important part that is often left out by many in the pursuit of success is the impact and importance of visualization. You will have to be positive and visualize yourself of being a completely capable person who can achieve any task or goal that is given to you.
For instance, if you are finding it difficult to complete a project or going through a tough time, visualizing you getting through it, by positive imagery in your mind can hugely affect your chances. In the end, it boils down to you being able to sustain a positive mental attitude.
Therefore, if you are looking to actively change how your life has been going so far and you want to feel in charge in times when you don’t, you should not hesitate to follow the steps we have mentioned above. A lot of potential lies in our subconscious mind, some that even the scientists and doctors have not yet been able to properly perceive and identify. Being able to unlock a fraction of this potential will surely aid you in your future endeavours. You will never have to depend on the advice of others as you will assume sole responsibility for your life and what you aim to achieve in it.